Alpine Communications is the local telephone company that became a 21st-century communications provider. We provide internet, television, cellular, security…and telephone too! We value ongoing employee learning, service excellence, and building strong connections with the communities we serve. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that is one of the best in the area.
Join Our Team
It's all about connections. If you believe in forming relationships and making sure customers have what they need to succeed, we want you to be part of our team. We are looking for driven individuals who believe in making the customer the center of which all revolves. Service is not just a bullet point; it is how we live out each day. We have an incredible team that believes in helping each other grow to their fullest potential. If you believe you have what it takes to provide an exceptional experience, we want you to join us!
What does someone in this role actually do?
This position is the friendly voice of Alpine Communications and is someone customers will turn to with questions concerning their services and their monthly statements. This role gives you the opportunity to talk to lots of different people during the day. We rely on you to listen to our customers and use your deductive reasoning skills, creativity, and passion for helping to meet their needs and remind them that behind our great products are customer-focused, accountable, and collaborative team members to serve them.
- Handle inbound and outbound contacts in a courteous, timely and professional manner acting as the point of contact for customers.
- Listen to customers, understand their needs, and answer customer questions with patience, empathy, and professionalism.
- Clearly communicate company values and update customers on new products, programs, or marketing initiatives.
- Assist customers in set up and activation of new services.
- Receive and process payments.
- Process outgoing mail and UPS packages.
- Efficiently use computer software such as Microsoft 365, Alpine billing software and other 3rd party platforms to ensure accuracy in billing and communication with customers.
- Prioritize, multi-task and maintain a high level of professionalism and organization to effectively manage stress.
- Comply with requirements surrounding confidential information and personal information.
- Escalate customer issues to appropriate staff for resolution as needed.
- Attend meetings and training and review all new training material to stay up to date on changes to services, systems, and processes.
- Adhere to all attendance and work schedule requirements
Wonder if you are a good fit?
We provide all new employees with world-class training, so all positive, driven, and confident applicants are encouraged to apply. This position relies on building relationships and turning the knowledge you gain in training to customer wins. Ideal candidates for this position are highly motivated, energetic, and dedicated.
This job is ideal for someone who is:
- Dependable - more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented - enjoys interacting with people with a positive attitude
- Adaptable/flexible - enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented - would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Organized - knows how to prioritize time to accomplish tasks within specific time frames
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Associate degree in business administration or equivalent training and/or experience.
- Previous customer care experience required. Telecommunications experience preferred.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Skill in written and verbal communication.
- Skill in accurately working with basic mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, division, percentages, fractions, and ratios.
Send resume via mail or email to:
Attention: Human Resources
923 Humphrey Street
PO Box 1008
Elkader, IA 52043
Upload your resume here: